Friday, February 17, 2012

we did it!

We actually had a game night with some adults over! Scott and I have been married for 2 years this March and have talked about having people over on a consistent basis for "game nights". So we invited the people that actually set us up, Paul and Laura, they also have a 3 year old son who loves guitars just as much as Judah does, well maybe Toph loves guitars a bit more. 

First Scott surprised me and came home early! I took advantage of this and had both him and Judah go with met to Target to pick up some game night treats. Judah loves these dogs, they walk/wag their tales and sing "who let the dogs out". I'm secretly waiting for them to go on sale for under $2.  To make Judah laugh I stuck a bunch in his cart and turned them all on. He was in doggie heaven.



When Laura and Paul came over with Toph we set up for Settlers of Catan. Laura brought her famous guacamole and we ordered pizza. 


Paul and Laura are pretty serious about the game, they have the best strategies. Toph was helping to build bridges out of the roads. 


The boys had a blast playing guitars, drinking water, eating green beans and just playing. We had easy access to see them wherever they roamed on the first floor. Judah was literally bubbling over with excitement with squeals of laughter and screams because he had a friend over to play with. We didn't plan on the boys matching tonight. 





After our game (Scott won) the guys set up in the living room to play their guitars. Paul actually crafted and handmade both of these guitars (they are acoustic). Scott who has been singing/playing for over 15 years says his guitar that Paul made him is the most beautiful sounding guitar he has ever owned. 


After awhile the boys were getting tired and were ready for bed. I am really really grateful that we were all able to hang out tonight and looking forward to more game nights with this wonderful family that we can call our friends. The great thing that they live 2 miles from our home! 




(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

5 comments:

  1. So exciting! Glad you got to have a fun night with your friends. And Judah enjoyed too! How perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) we really needed a game night :-) and now that I see its not to bad to set up and plan one especially with this couple who honestly don't care if our home is slightly messy Im sure we will have allot more in the future. :-)

      Delete
  2. Little boys, friends, Settlers of Catan, and pizza sounds like a perfect night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so awesome that you guys got to have your game night! I was thinking about you all day when you posted on IG that you were thinking of cancelling. So happy you didn't and it all worked out beautifully. We love Settlers of Catan over here! We try to have a game night every couple of months and we play the same game. It's so fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to have a game night for sooo long. That's all I wanted for Christmas is board games, and I've yet to have a game night!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.