Monday, February 20, 2012

thrifted goodness

Who said you can't have fun dressing up a boy! One of my favorite things is finding cute cheap and sometimes if I am lucky vintage outfits for my son. On Saturday when I was thrifting I picked up a thermal long sleeved shirt and one of those clip on ties. The plastic part of the clip on was poking out so after I washed both items I decide I was going to take the tie apart and create my own dress up shirt for Judah. 


All you need is a tie, it doesn't have to be clip on, a shirt, some embroidery thread and a sharpe embroidery needle. I bought the shirt and tie for 99 cents each and already had the rest of the supplies at home. I took apart the tie and just stitched it onto the shirt, took me 10 mins. 


Also many of you know that Judahs beloved push buggy was stolen from our front yard a few weeks ago. We use this buggy for everything, post office runs, our daily walks and I take him to the park in it. Its one of our most used toys for Judah. We decided this weekend we were going to find one on Craigslist since I already visited the local thrift stores for a whole week and wasn't finding anything. Found five buggy's for sale and they were all asking $25+ for them. Finally I heard back from someone who was willing to take $20 for it and we jumped on the offer, Scott texted me once he picked it up saying "Its brand new!"We took it out for a neighborhood walk yesterday and Judah was all smiles. 


He gave us some extra smiles when we stopped by our park. 




So thankful for the thrifted shirt/tie combo (I was able to pick up a few more things) and that we were able to score the buggy for Judah off of Craigslist. I love being able to thrift/search craigslist or even yard sales to find good deals. 



(help us stay in the top 100 and double click to vote for us!)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

6 comments:

  1. I love that idea of sewing the tie to a shirt--I'm definitely going to do something similar for my nephew! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! What a great idea!

    We didn't find out the sex when I was pregnant, so once he was here and for sure a boy, I went nuts buying clothes! Boy clothes are adorable, I don't care what anyone says!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is SO cute! I love his little tie combo. great idea. Such a nice young gentleman. and his faux hawk is to die for!

    I'd love it if you could share some of your funny,cute stories about Judah on rainingcrumbs.com. Definitely a shout out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.