Monday, February 27, 2012

colorful things




I love color and when I thrift my eyes scan the aisle for colorful things. I think that this is the only reason why I spotted this rare vintage GE clown record player at Unique this weekend for only $20! I screamed and almost cried. We found an outlet and some records to test it out and it works!  Later on the drive home I did some research and found out that this record player is rare and the ones that have been sold online don't even work because they need a new needle. The one I found works and doesn't need anything. Just some records to play.



 The record player is the perfect addition to my little crochet office that is right next to my kitchen and living room. 


This morning, I drank coffee while Judah munched on some homemade blueberry muffins I made over the weekend and we danced to the soundtrack of the "west side story". 


After our morning Library trip and Judah's afternoon nap we went on a 2 mile walk. Judah held on tightly to his little dinosaur, occasionally dropping it to frantically wave at people and scream "Hey!' I think everyone in our neighborhood thinks that Judah is their best friend. Just this weekend at Home Depot I had a woman approach us and said "Hey you got bigger from last week" and she started talking directly to Judah. I explained that we don't know her and she said she lives in our neighborhood, after we left home depot I remembered who she was. 


Took Judah to an ER Dr's visit this afternoon. While changing his diaper I found this weird bump/cut on him. The Dr said its a cyst and she wasn't able to drain it so she prescribed some antibiotics. If it doesn't go away in about three weeks then I have to take Judah back in. We also found out that he is still in the 90th percentile for height and average for weight. Looks like he will be tall and skinny like his daddy.  He was such a flirt and kept saying "HEY!" to all the nurses and blowing kisses to some. 


Afterwards I grabbed Starbucks (I needed it badly today) while Scott and Judah grabbed a burger.  


Have I told you that I started a new project called "granny square a day". I wanted to make something really pretty each day and decided that I will make colorful, floral granny squares. I'll keep making at least one a day till December then stitch some up for Christmas gifts for some of my family members. I think they will make beautiful throws. 


I have so many colorful spring projects that I am starting up in the next few days! I can't wait to share them all with you!

Hopefully I get a good nights sleep tonight, we have someone from animal control coming over tomorrow because something has been "thumping" in our attic for the past few nights waking both Scott and I up. I'm to scared to let Scott go up by himself, images of a raccoon attacking his face like Elf come to mind. I would rather have the raccoon or whatever it is attack a professional while Judah and I are out of the house. 

(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

14 comments:

  1. I love it when I find awesome things at thrift stores. Good job spotting that incredible player.
    And maybe I'll join you on the granny squares. I love to crochet, but it seems one project always overwhelmes me, so doing it a little at a time is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I screamed when I spotted it :-) thrifting is one of my fav things ever! If you go enough you will find good things ;-)

      yes start the granny square a day! let me know what yours look like :-)
      Granny squares are so easy and if you do one a day then you should have enough to make at least a mini throw at the end of the year :-)

      Delete
  2. He is such a cutie!!

    p.s. - I love colorful things, too. :) And I really love these granny squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute and how friendly! Hahah I can only hope my future child will be as sweet as he is! I hope he's doing alright with his cyst and taking his medicine. I can only imagine how scary that experience could've been for you. Love the idea of a granny square a day! I bet it helps calm you down at the end of the day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe I am sure your future child will be!

      Yeah it is scary, especially since the Dr didn't give me a whole lot of info, he has been kinda cranky today and Im thinking it might be the medication she gave me, not sure if it makes him feel discomfort. Hopefully it goes away and she doesn't have to do anything else.

      I love crocheting :-) granny squares can be so pretty and addicting :-)

      Delete
  4. Love the record player!!! How cool. Ive been on a hunt for one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the best find ever! I screamed when I saw it :-) Been looking on Etsy and I actually just told my husband the other day that I might just break down and buy one. But I found one instead! Now we are on the hunt for some nice records :-)

      Delete
  5. Great find on that record player--I love the fun vibrant colors and the fact that it works makes it even better! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its the perfect find!!! I do love the vibrant colors :-)

      Delete
  6. How scary! I hope the antibiotics help him, sending good thoughts your way! Cute picture of him sitting on the scale, I always try to get one but Henry is freaking out the second he's sitting there, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it does work, he seemed a tad bit crankier than normal today and Im thinking its the antibiotics, hopefully it heals soon. Thank you re the picture, it was a total lucky picture because he was distracted by trying to flirt with the nurse ;-) ha

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.