Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cheerio lesson


Being a mom you think your going to teach your child allot of lessons in life, which you do, but you also find out that you learn allot of life lessons. For instance the very important one I learned today. 
 
This morning started out like yesterday morning, just a little earlier. I think Judah was well rested because he slept the entire night in his pack and play and he decided to get up at 7:30 am instead of his typical 9. After a quick hotel breakfast I wanted to take Judah to the beach playground, I grabbed a extra box of cheerios and opened the top to let him munch on them while we walked. He of course ended up covering his body with cheerios. He likes to pick them off his shirt and eat them.

We stopped by my all time favorite coffee shop. The doors were open and two guys and a dog were sitting inside, I peaked in and asked if they were open. They asked if I just wanted a cup of coffee and I said I said that I did and this was my favorite little coffee place. They let me know that the shop was closed but they wanted to give me a cup of coffee for free. They know the owner and she gives them the keys to her shop so they can come in every morning and enjoy a cup of coffee and hang out.
  This absolutely made my day. 


While I fixed my cup of coffee their dog "ralph" kept Judah entertained. I love this small coffee shop even more after the guys were chit chatting away on how they have been going to this shop for years and its their morning ritual to hang out and have a cup of coffee with their friends. What a great little community and shop.


Judah and I started walking towards the park. It was a bit chillier than yesterday but Judah was layered up with a t-shirt, sweater, hoodie and poncho.


I decided to try walking on the beach and we were greeted by a bunch of seagulls. I thought nothing of it and continued walking towards the park.


I put Judah up on the slide, and noticed he was grinning from ear to ear at something behind us. I heard what sounded like a flock of seagulls.....


and sure enough the heavens opened up and it was raining seagulls!!!


I freaked and started screaming "get away!!", Judah  started laughing because we were being engulfed by birds.  I grabbed him and shoo'd the seagulls away from his stroller. As I was walking away they were flying and swooping towards us because JUDAH WAS COVERED IN CHEERIOS! 
They could smell it!


Thank goodness a local woman with her two dogs came over and scared all the birds away. Judah and I were going to hang out at the park for a little bit longer since it looked like we were safe from the birds, but the wind started really picking up and although Judah was layered up and seemed to be having fun, I started to really get cold. Then Judah looked off in the distance and we saw...the seagulls were waiting.





Judah wasn't sure if he was happy to see his seagull friends or worried that his mama might started running and screaming. So I decided it was time to head back to the hotel. 


My lesson learned....don't let your son have cheerios on him while he is visiting a beach park. You may get attacked by a swarm of seagulls and believe me its pretty scary. 



(please vote for us! you can vote everyday!)
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

10 comments:

  1. such a cute little story!! your son is adorable and it looks like he got a little kick out of it! haha, funny life lesson for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He thought it was the funniest thing ;-)

      Delete
  2. Haha :) Sorry, had to laugh! One time when my brother was little, a seagull swooped down and pecked him on the head! He has platinum white hair and a mole on the top of his head, I think the bird was going for that. If you have time you should go check out Croatan beach, it's right down the road from 1st street. That's where I used to go surfing. If nothing else you should at least drive through the little neighborhood, there are some fancy houses! You should go to the Virginia Marine Science Museum, too! Judah would love it. Have fun in Virginia Beach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no way! Was it from a beach here? Thats funny!!! I was laugh/screaming. Laughing because I couldn't believe this was happening and screaming because it really was :-)

      We will for sure check out Croatan beach and the Museum! If not this week we will for sure when we come back in May :-) Are you all ever coming down here this summer? We will be here when the monster trucks are here for mothers day :-)

      Delete
    2. Yeah we used to go to 78th street when we were kids bc it's easy to get to the beach with kids, they have a nice walkway. Here is a link to Croatan Beach http://www.google.com/maps?q=croatan+virginia+beach&hl=en&ll=36.821894,-75.982432&spn=0.018414,0.036564&geocode=+&hnear=Croatan+Rd,+Virginia+Beach,+Virginia+23451&t=m&z=15

      We might come down this summer some time, I'm not sure. I should have a tiny baby by then!

      Delete
    3. We will for sure check this out next time :-)
      I might ask Scott to leave tonight from all the hotel stress....I can't believe you are going to have a little one soon!!! I would love to see you before she makes her grand entrance into the world :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness. That had to be so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be a hilarious story when he gets older, but geez, I would have been scared out of my mind!! Who would have thought?? And also, how cute about the owner of that coffeeshop giving those dudes the key. I love things like that! Trust seems to be few and far between these days, but it's nice to see something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious little blog! Your family is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard at the seagulls! That's hilarious, but yes, I can definitely see how being mobbed by a whole bunch of them would be a bit scary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.