Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Valentines Day Craft Swap

Oh yes you read the title correctly, a valentines day craft swap! Today I was reading my friend Amy's blog and saw how she was signed up for a valentines day craft swap. I just made a whole bunch of crochet hearts, tutorial here, and made a few extra last night for Valentines for some of Judah's friends.

I went out to Michael's and purchased a pack of pretty white tags, they were on sale for 99 cents, found a cute heart stamp for 99 cents (they have a whole bin of valentines day stamps on sale right now) and found a pink ink pad for $2 in the back. I decided to use the verse "Colossians 2:2" because I wanted the receivers heart to be encouraged by their knitted (aka crochet) heart gift that was made in love for them.


I had a little stamping station all set up with some valentines Hershey chocolate kisses.  



I was also able to put to use some of the left over envelopes from my wedding. 


I can't wait to mail these out later this week. 


You have till Friday the 13th to sign up. Its not such an unlucky day since you'll find out whom your valentine is on the 14th. Also you get a hand made goodie from whomever gets your name.  You can find all the information and sign up here. Leave a comment if you do! I would love to see what you made! Feel free to use my idea!

Valentine craft swap cutest craft blog 

 (If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)

  Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

5 comments:

  1. just absolutely adorable hearts..hun, if you made those sweet hearts YOU COULD DO A TAG SWAP NO PROBLEMOOOO.... lol.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the cutest :) Look at you....so crafty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! I have tried crocheting and it just doesn't work for me. I can knit, but it's been a bit. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jane ha ha when it comes to nice paper tags (like you make) I am all thumbs ;-) now with crocheting I can do that blindfolded ;-)

    @Erin thanks!

    @Annie oh but knitting is even more awesome! I have tons of knit books and wish i could knit...I could knit a scarf but thats just about it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess!
    I just sighned up for the craft swap!!!! :)
    I am so excited! Thanks for sharing the idea... LOVE the little crochet hearts <3
    Take care my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.