Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Things I've learned being a mother....Judahs first year

Time truly files by.... it feels just like yesterday when I first met Judah.


I've learned that if I dance and sing a song with Judah each morning in front of the mirror, it puts us both in a great mood.



I've learned that you just have to let your heart give into snuggles. That its okay for Judah to just fall asleep on me.


That sometimes when Judah cries because he wants to be held while he takes a nap...I think God knows that my heart needs to hold him because I'm having a bad day...that instead of obsessing over what I could get done...its okay to just be still with my son and let my heart overflow with my love for him.





That their are days when I can't wait for your Judah to take a nap or go to sleep for the night...but as soon as he falls asleep ever fiber in my heart wants me to go and wake him with kisses.






As a parent you can get creative with things to sooth your childs teeth...or entertain them.






You'll feel that you could never give to many kisses...and you learn that you don't chap your childs face with the many kisses you do give them.


That some days you just need to wear a mustache.



That having a mommy supportive community is key for keeping your sanity...especially since your around a baby 24/7 that doesn't speak back yet..



Also this year of being Judahs mom has helped me end bad relationships. I've realized that I don't want certain people influencing my son. It has also encouraged me since he was 3 months to be in deep counseling to get over my past, so it doesn't affect his future. 
This is the best gift I have given my son thus far.



Judah my sweet darling boy, who I look forward to seeing every morning, you have taught me so much about life, you have expanded the capacity of my heart to love.  You have encouraged me to get over fears that I thought I was captive to. Your the best thing that has ever happened to me and each day I praise God for you. I can't wait to see what I've learned from being your mom when you turn two. 


Genesis 29:35 (NIV) 
She had a son. Then she said, "This time I'll praise the Lord." So she named him Judah


Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.