Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

2011 was mixed with allot of emotions, I was learning to be a first time mom and also learning to be a wife since it was our 2nd year of marriage. At the beginning of the year we were struggling with Scotts medical condition, where he would randomly have seizure like spasms and lose control over his body. In early spring we saw a Dr. in Philly who essentially fixed this. My husband after 5 years of struggling with this condition was able to get his life back and this had a huge positive impact on our family. I've also found a sweet community of moms that I hold dear to and I've started my own crochet business. 2011 has had its up and downs but it was a great year for the Judkins family. 

I wanted to make a few resolutions for 2012, ones that are focused around my family, our health and our hearts. So today after having a mini photo session with Judah and going on an 8 mile walk at Burke Lake park I wanted to share with you my personal resolutions. 

- 1 -
I resolve to have more adventures with my son. Venture out on the metro and take him to DC, take him to Burke Lake or any local park more frequently and actually attend a mommy meet up in the area. I know some days I can get so caught up in the stress of having my crochet orders done or trying to figure out what to do for dinner or just being fearful about meeting other moms. I just need to let that go for a few hours and carve out time for adventures with Judah, I know that these adventures with him will help mold his heart into being more willing to take chances and being less fearful on things when he is older. 

- 2 -
Let Judah draw everyday. I have a moleskin that I want to keep some of his drawings in. I know he is young, but I want to get my sons creative juices flowing early.

- 3 - 
This year is the year our family works out together. The entire time I've known Scott until last spring he has had an unexplained medical condition that essentially forced him to be careful with exercise or even regular things like walking up a hill. He could barely walk a mile with out having his legs give out on him, believe me this was incredibly stressful for both of us. But now that he can walk and run I want our entire family to be physically active together.  As a family I want us to work our way to running a local race. I have the Iron Man stroller and Judah who will only fit in it for a few more years.  Also I just tear up thinking of what an accomplishment this will be for our family, to be able to cross that finish line together. We will be celebrating how the Lord was able to heal my husband and how we were able to finish a race together. I never thought I could run with Scott. 

- 4 -
I will eat healthier snacks. I am the queen of sugar and am quite addicted to it. I wish I lived in Charlie's Chocolate factory, well at least the area that made the sour skittles, starbursts and served Starbucks all day long. But I've noticed after having Judah, my body doesn't react very well to massive amounts of sugar like it used to. I can't even eat popcorn anymore or my stomach would be hurting for hours afterwards. So instead I want to eat healthier snacks and also on that note drink more water. 

- 5 - 
Laugh every single day, I want my son to always remember my laughter.

- 6 -
I want to be kind to everyone I met. Ever since I had Judah I get kinda mama bear on people out in public. No lie he attracts allot of attention when we are out and about, typically I stare down people when they get with in my two feet comfortable zone near him. But I've realized recently while taking Judah to the post office during Christmas season, that not everyone wants to spread their germs or try to touch my baby. That they may have something they are going through in their life and my son for some reason has given them a reason to smile at that moment. I need to be better at being kind to people. But also aware at the same time on how to protect my son and teach him safe boundaries.

- 7 -
Encourage a stranger at least once a month. I saw that some people were doing this for an advent during the holiday season, that each day they would open something and it would be almost a "task" to encourage a stranger. I wanted to do this with Judah and mentioned it to Scott who thought this was a great idea. Still thinking of the encouragement ideas but I am pretty excited to teach Judah the gift of random encouragement and share with you what we end up doing.

- 8 -
Actually have two date nights a month with just my husband and myself.....I know this would be huge for us because we only had two date nights with just the two of us in 2011. On that note...find a trustable sitter in the area...does anyone know of any? 

These are resolutions that will all hopefully impact our family, our health and our hearts. What are your resolutions?

Here are some pictures from Judahs NYE photoshoot in our backyard area. Yes I dragged one of our chairs out to the wooded area. 






I love his eyes, they keep changing from Scotts blue to my green.


Always smiling, my sweet happy son. 



(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
  Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad they were able to help fix your husband's medical condition! Great pictures of Judah, by the way!! I love that chair. And baby mohawks never disappoint haha :0)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from she breathes deeply! judah's hair is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe thanks ladies :-)
    my husband wants me to get Judahs hair cut but I don't want to just yet ;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.