Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Judahs first Library visit!

Anyone in my family would tell you that when I was a kid my favorite place to be was the library, no kidding my father would ground me from the library and make me play outside when I got into trouble. I know it sounds kind of backwards, but what can I say I'm a nerd at heart. I've been counting down the days to when I can finally introduce Judah to the local library. They really don't have much to offer children under the age of 1 so I wanted to wait till he was at least a toddler. 

Today we decided to check out the downtown Fairfax Library. Since it's a regional branch I knew they had ongoing activities for toddlers and I wanted to see what they had to offer. Also I was excited to show Judah the "children's section". I wanted to document Judah's first time here so I had him pose for a few pictures in the parking garage. We were sorta confused as to why we were the only people parked in the garage. We thought their had to be other book loving nerds that were excited to go to the library at 10 am on a Wednesday morning. 



But we found out the branch didn't open till 1pm. Kinda bummed we left, ran some errands and then took Judah home for a nap. 

When he woke up Scott was telling me of another library in Burke that might be closer to our house. Another library that I don't know of? I've seriously visited every branch in a 25 mile radius. The Burke Library had a pretty nice children's section, with lots of stuffed animals for Judah to look at. 


They even had these cute little signs to get the kids excited about reading!



We picked out some books, then we let Judah sit in this really neat chair on the other side of the building.


I think Judah thought he was a big dinosaur and tried to eat the book. No harm done, Scott took it from him before he could do any damage.  


We came home with a pretty decent stash of books and two DVDs. I absolutely love having a boy and my heart just feels like it could burst from his little pile of dogie, train and dino books. 


For those who were wondering, I truly loved the Library growing up, it was my place to escape from everything. A few years ago when I went to visit my sister Kaylee in Connecticut I asked if she wanted to go with me to visit our Library.  I'm cheering on the front steps because we arrived. 


Smelling the books to make my sister laugh. 


I'm so excited to share my affinity for books and the fun experience of going to the Library to check out fun books.
(If you get a chance please double click the box and vote for our blog)
  Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

  1. I miss the Fairfax County Libraries!! When we moved to Atlanta, I stopped going to the libraries as much "because they just couldn't compare!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fairfax county libraries are pretty awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.