Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weekly Salad 5 and Saturday Adventures

I took a break from making salads last night and we ordered pizza, Scott is going on some travel soon so we wanted a good ol pizza and movie night. This will be my first time not traveling with Scott and keeping Judah home with me. So today I made another steak salad, very simple, barely any points and so good.
{Steak Salad 2}

I actually baked the steak last night before Scott came home and we decided to have pizza. So I just added the already baked steak (seasoned with Grill Mates, Montreal Steak a cup and a half of water and 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil) I like to buy the lean, thin sliced round steak, its seriously cheap and low on points. 

Used, three cups of butter lettuce, cucumber, two plum tomatoes,  1/2 cup of chopped green pepper, mushrooms and 1/4 cup of fat free cheddar cheese. No dressing. This salad was simple to make, it made about 4-5 servings and was 2 points per serving! 

Today we ran some errands, stopped by some yard sales. I scored this awesome mini Darth Vader book bag for Judah for only 25 cents! I can seriously put it on him, but I think for now I might use it as a mini diaper bag.


One of our errands was grocery shopping at Wegmans so we had an impromptu Sushi date. Judah had some cheerios.


I think its hysterical how Judah feeds himself, he literally stuffs his face. 


Snuggling with daddy, they both wore their superman shirts today. No Judah didn't drink the soda.


After all our errands I came home to find my business cards finally came in! I'll be putting these in with my new orders. 


I love the way they turned out.

As you know Judah has been sick for a little over a week. It started out with just a runny nose and some congestion, then he started coughing and he had a few days of really high fevers last week. Yesterday it appeared that Judahs fever broke, but he still had a fountain of snot streaming from his nose and if I didn't suction it out he would get super cranky. He didn't like the suction (would beat me up when I tried to suction his nose) but he always always felt better after I did. But yesterday Judah just started screaming for like an hour or more at a time. He would tense up and scream, not want to lay down (even when I tried changing his diaper) and he didn't want us touching his ears. So tonight when Judah woke up from his late nap he just started screaming, nothing was working. Then we noticed that Judah had a rash all over his body. So we called Kaiser and took him to urgent care. 


and of course while we were in the waiting room Judah stopped screaming and was in a great mood, even wanted to play with the other sick kids waiting to be seen (I didn't let him).


Saw a rude nurse, who wouldn't even look at me when I talked to her and walked out of the room when I was in mid sentence. So I let Judah mess up the paper sheets. 


and about an hour later the Dr came in. Said that Judah is still sick with the virus he was sick with last week and the rash is not an allergic reaction or meningitis (yes I kinda freaked and thought it could be that) but a rash that babies get when they are sick. I later found out from my wonderful IG mama friends that its probably roseola. 

Judah is now home and sleeping, it was a long night for us. I really hope that if anything, this rash is a sign that he is going to start feeling better soon. I hate him being sick, it just breaks my heart that I really can't do much for him.

I gotta tell you, I am pretty proud of myself for not giving into temptation tonight. I've been doing so good with my weight watchers and not overeating. Even when we had pizza I had left over points for the night. Well tonight after Judahs urgent care visit I told Scott I wanted a hamburger and we were going to get one at Wendy's. But we talked about it, do I want one because I am emotionally spent from the evening at urgent care with Judah and worried about him going on travel soon, or am I really hungry. I decided that I didn't want the hamburger. I am so grateful for the encouragement from the #Igwwclub community. 



Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

3 comments:

  1. Cute outfit Judah! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) thanks he got it from a cute mama and daughter ;-)
    love you sweet friend
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. your baby is so cute! i love his hat.

    and pizza and salad sounds delish.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.