Thursday, October 13, 2011

Weekly Salad 4

{BBQ Chicken Salad}

I've been craving the CPK BBQ Chicken Salad for awhile now. So today I marinated one large chicken breast in some McCormicks Grill Mates BBQ Seasoning with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and two cups of water. Baked at 400 for 45 mins.

I also stuck in 4 corn tortillas (two at a time) in the oven and toasted them for about 5-7 mins per side. 

On the stove I mixed a can of corn and a can of black beans, put in parsley and garlic for seasoning and cooked on mid-high for about 10-13 mins.

Chopped up celery, red onion and two plum tomato's.


Broke up the toasted corn tortillas, cut up the cooked chicken and placed everything in my big salad bowl with butter lettuce. 

This easily makes 4-5 meals and is so good, tonight because I am so exhausted I was just going to cave and order pizza, but I figured I might as well cook up the chicken since its defrosted and I had to do the week of salads. I'm so grateful that I did. I think the salad tasted a billion times better than the pizza would have and it was only around 4 points per serving instead of two slices of pizza hut pizza that would have been 11 points. 

Judah I think think think hope and pray is on the verge of finally feeling better. 

This morning all he wanted to do was be in his car, and he kept holding his wig so I put it on his head. 

After his morning nap he saw his bunny ears in his room, I wore them around for a bit and he thought it was funny but then he wanted to wear them.


Finally it stopped raining of a good bit so I took him on a walk around the neighborhood, walks aways put Judah in a better mood. 



I love all the leaves

The sun was peaking out, teasing us, then it would get cloudy again.

This is how Judah woke from his nap, and all evening he kept trying to get his arm out of his shirt. Typical boy, always trying to be naked. 

Trying to pull himself up on the table so he can eat with us.

Found these Gerber Carrots in a bowl at Target today when I went out to restock Judahs snacks. They are super soft and easy to swallow/chew. Judah loves them. Lately he has been all about feeding himself and sometimes gets upset when Scott or I try to help him. 



Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.