Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekly Salad 1

To keep up with my weekly goal I took Judah for a walk/run on the W&OD Parkway. It was absolutely gorgeous outside, the temp was in the upper 60's, the leaves were starting to change colors and Judah happily talked to himself, screamed at birds that were being extra loud and would do this crazy happy whine when he would see doggies walk by. We ended up walk/running 5.21 miles!!! The longest run I've had in awhile and my feet are killing me.


Judah was all tuckered out and slept the last two miles. I stopped by whole foods and picked us up some strawberries and kiwi fruit to munch on.


Judah didn't know what to think of the train by the trail.


{Steak Salad}

When we got home from the run, I put some defrosted top round steak (thin cut) into a bowl with about a tablespoon full of virgin olive oil and a pack of grill masters Montreal steak marinade. Seriously if you are ever struggling with trying to figure out what to cook, you can always marinate any type of meat with these little packets of seasonings, bake and serve with salad or rice. We love them! I covered the bowl and put it in the fridge till my husband came home.



When I knew Scott was on his way home I stuck the steak in the over and baked it at 400 for about 30 mins. You might want to bake yours a little less, I like my steak really really cooked. While the steak was baking I put into a salad bowl a can of Lima Beans (wegmans), one cut up plum tomato, half of an avocado, butter lettuce and a handful of green peppers. When the steak was finished cooking I cut it into tiny pieces and mixed it in with the rest of the salad. Because of the steak seasoning and some extra juice from the lima beans and tomatoes I didn't need to put any salad dressing on our salads.  I tried to look up the points on the weight watchers website but it looks like its down. So I went to lose it  and put in the ingredients and its about 231 calories per serving.

Yes this was as good as it looks, and I have leftovers for tomorrows lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.