Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weekly Salad 2

Today was such a long day for us because Judah has been really sick. We actually had to take him to the Drs because I couldn't get his fever lower than 102.4. Scott ended up working from home to help us out.


I figured he is already sick I might as well let him play with the toys in the waiting room. 


Waiting for the strep test, I think Judah hates this seat now. First he had his blood drawn a few weeks ago and today a strep test. The results came back and he was negative, just has a virus that will prayerfully go away by Friday. Also I am so excited Judahs primary Dr is back from maternity leave. He really missed her and was talking to her the entire time she was giving him his exam.


Today is my sweet sister Rhondas birthday! 

Just hanging out with Daddy on the couch.


Judah took a few more "happy birthday" pictures for auntie Rhonda. This one was "Don't party to hard, drinking and driving is for babies". He didn't want to let go of his new sippy cup.


I love how his hair is getting longer and I can now give him a mini mowhawk.

For this weeks goals I wasn't able to work out today since we were running around with Judah this morning and trying to get his fever down. Although, I still may run upstairs and log in about 30 mins in the elliptical before the end of the day. But I did keep up the weekly salad.

{Chicken Salad}

This is one of our favorite salads, its fresh, healthy and super easy to make. I took two chicken breasts (we normally buy the super big pack of Tysons Chicken breasts in the freezer section, they tend to have allot less fat and no bone). Cut, defrosted and marinated them in "Weber white wine and herb packet". I used about 1/2 tablespoon of virgin olive oil and about 1/4 cup of water. It doesn't take super long to marinate with the packets I get, but I like to prepare the chicken as early as possible in the day so all I have to do is stick it in the over later in the afternoon.



When it was time to cook the chicken I put about a cup of precut fresh mushrooms around the chicken. Stuck in the oven at 400 for 45 mins. I cut the chicken into even smaller pieces. I also make sure all the extra seasoning gets all over the cut up pieces.


In my big salad serving bow I put in about three cups of lettuce, I've been using butter lettuce because it feels more "fall". Can of garbanzo beans, cup of green peppers, chicken with mushrooms, I was going to add a cucumber but the one I had was going bad so I just topped the salad off with 1/3 cup of dried cranberries (essential to brighten up any salad). This salad makes about 4-5 pretty good servings. 


I didn't have to use any salad dressing because the chicken and mushrooms that baked with the season packet was able to mesh up with some of the water from the garbanzo beans making a light coat of seasons yumminess all over the salad. 

Weight watchers points 3 for each serving and we have more for tomorrows lunch!


1 comment:

  1. He's so joyful! And sporting so many cool hair styles.

    I'm glad he's feeling better, poor kid.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.