Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween and the weekend

Oh the plans we had for the weekend....how quickly things change once you have a baby. See this cute little boy with this sweet smile below in his wookie outfit....well he was supposed to stay this sweet until after my haircut so we could go to Truck or Treat at Grace Bible Church in Lorton. He was great at the haircut place, talking to everyone and waving at them and pointing to things.

Since it was my first haircut by someone other than Thomas in ten years. I had my guys come for moral support. Just in case I would cry. Thank goodness they came because I didn't cry, although I wanted to really really bad.


We never made it to trunk or treat, while I was struggling to not cry over  losing more than 5 inches of my hair, Judah was crying quite a bit and took an extra long nap. I'm not sure if its growing pains, teething or he just really wanted some sleep and wanted the world to know his pain.

I'm still getting used to the haircut and Judah was in a semi good mood this morning, so good he even peed on me! This rarely happens. 

We ran errands, picked up things from Target, stopped by the post office to mail some orders and encouragement gifts. Then after an afternoon nap (Judah's not mine) we went for a 5 mile run/walk.




Scott met up with us at the tail end of our run. We found a mini children's park at the local high school! They have a huge dinosaur like the ones at Myrtle Beach.


Afterwards we went home to have egg white omelets for dinner and got ready for tonight's Halloween activities. I asked Scott if he would wear his Chick Fil A cow costume tonight. He was a great sport about it. We decided to visit a local church down the street, they were having a "Harvest Night". 

We bumped into our neighbors on the way out. They had a little girl named Mady who was born just a few days before Judah. They were cute together, Judah kept trying to hold her hand.


We left for the church down the street and when we pulled in Scott asked me "Jess did you double check online to see if anyone will be dressed up." I said "why wouldn't they be, its a harvest night on halloween" and he said "growing up no one dressed up at their fall harvests at the church." I laughed because I was in normal clothing and didn't care if Scott and Judah were the only ones dressed up. But when we entered the building their were pirates, ninja turtles, princesses and tons of kids in Starwars customs. We didn't have Judah wear his chewbacca outfit tonight because he slimed it with Puffs on Sunday. 

Judah won at Mario Go Cart, with help from his daddy.



He was so cute holding on really tight to his green balloon. 


Starting to get a little tired. Judah even won a cold stone gift card prize for cutest animal costume. 


When we came home we sat on the front porch and passed out candy for a few hours. Judah had a blast yelling dada dada at everyone and showing them how he can wave.


I think next year we are all going to dress up as a family. Oh and Judah didn't eat any candy, he was just chewing it with the wrapper on.


Happy Halloween! What did your kids dress up as?


Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

3 comments:

  1. Judah is adorable! My son dressed up as sushi. Hah. I made the costume with my fabric scraps and a hot glue gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristel what a great idea!!!! Do you have pictures? I would love to see the sushi outfit :-)

    Thank you Melissa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They encourage my heart and I read every single one of them. Please be encouraging and don't just comment or email me when you want to correct me on my grammar. When I get the "grammar correction" emails or comments they do hurt my feelings. I wouldn't want your heart to feel the way mine does after reading them.

Please check back as I try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment.